Tips on Using Hydrodata for Windows
The following sections are some tips that we hope will help you use Hydrodata in a more
effective way. If you have found some ways of using Hydrodata that you think are really
nifty and would be of use to other users, we would love to hear from you.
- Opening the Select Menu - right click anywhere in the data grid for the Station Window
- Decoding Global Climatedata country codes - right click on the Country abbreviation in the data grid for the Station Window.
- Decoding Global Climatedata agency codes - right click on the Agency abbreviation in the data grid for the Station Window.
- Hiding fields that you don`t care about in the Station Window - resize the field to be very small by dragging the right side of the field
towards the left. When it hides all the data for that field, issue the Options-Save Windows Layout command.
- Scrolling through the Stations Window records without having to wait for the Parameter Window to get updated - uncheck
the Options - Show Params option.
- Opening the Data Menu - right click anywhere in the data grid for the Parameter Window or for any data window.
- Decoding the Parameters in the data grid for the Parameter Window - right click on the Parameter field for the Parameter of interest.
- Decoding the currently loaded Parameter in the Parameter Window - move the mouse over the Parameter text box in the top section of the window. The Options-Show Param Info must be checked for this box to be visible.
- Decoding the currently loaded Parameter in any data window - move the mouse over the Parameter text box in the top section of the window.
- Decoding the currently loaded Statistic in the Parameter Window - move the mouse over the Statistic text box in the top section of the
window. The Options-Show Param Info must be checked for this box to be visible.
- Changing the amount of station information displayed in the top of the Parameter Window - click on the small button in the
upper left corner of the window. This toggles the state of the Options-Show Param Info option.
- Opening the Plot Menu - right click anywhere in the plot area for the Plot Window.
- Opening the Plot Info window - double left click anywhere in the plot area for the Plot Window.
- Comparing years of plotted data with a base year for a single station - enter a trace for the base year. Use Plotting Info to set the Live?
field for that trace to Static. Modify the Legend Name to reflect the year. Add a second trace for a year that is to be
compared. Open the Plotting Info window, use the Y Spin Button in the Plotting Dates to change the Year to a new date, then issue
an Update. Move the Plotting Info window out of the way and look at your plot. You can continue to change the Plotting Dates this way
and update the plot for each change, viewing the new trace next to the unchanging base trace.
Return to Hydrosphere Home Page
Send suggestions to email@example.com
Last modified February 16, 2008
Copyright © 1997 Hydrosphere Data Products, Inc.